I won't bury the lede. The ugly is me.
I ate too many sausage biscuits and cheeseburgers this year as I feverishly cranked out four GetReligion posts a week. (Note to self: Must exercise more and eat less in 2016.)
But oh, I do love this part-time gig and count it a blessing to work with the likes of Terry Mattingly, Jim Davis, Julia Duin, Richard Ostling and Ira Rifkin.
While we at GetReligion mostly critique media coverage of religion news, we like to keep readers updated on happenings on the Godbeat itself.
Here are seven developments — some good, others bad — from 2015:
1. Jennifer Berry Hawes rocked — totally rocked — coverage of the mass shooting at the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, S.C.
2. Peter Smith remained awesome. Yes, he did.
3. Some shortsighted newspapers eliminated Godbeat positions.
4. A few forward-thinking newspapers (looking at you, Oregonian and Tennessean) added Godbeat positions.
5. A fair number of journalists came down with a condition diagnosed as Popemania. They were treated and released in Philadelphia.
6. CNN Religion Editor Daniel Burke survived both a 5Q+1 interview with GetReligion and our critique of his long read on atheists. (But just wait till next year!)
What did I miss?
What do you foresee next year?
What's for lunch? (I kid. I kid.)